The UW-Milwaukee Center for Information Policy Research, UW-Milwaukee School of Information Studies and the WLA Intellectual Freedom Round Table invite you to attend the 2011 Wisconsin Library Association Pre-Conference, Tell Me What Democracy Looks Like!
When a library confronts an intellectual freedom challenge, who are the players involved, what are their interests and where do we stand? This pre-conference will explore the motivations of such groups as Family Friendly Librarians, local politicians and the American Library Association.
Perspectives on intellectual freedom issues will be offered by:
- Barb Deter, Past president, Board of Directors, West Bend Community Memorial Library
- Barbara Jones, Director, Office of Intellectual Freedom, ALA, Chicago
- Sandra Braman, Professor, Department of Communications, UW-Milwaukee
- Loretta Gaffney, PhD candidate in Library & Information Science, Univ. of Illinois
- Joyce M. Latham, Assistant Professor, UW-Milwaukee
November 1, 2011 | 9:30 – 3:30 PM
Hilton Milwaukee City Center
509 W. Wisconsin Ave