The School of Information Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Information Policy for the 2011-2012 academic year.
The information policy fellowship is designed for recent PhDs who are interested in social, ethical, economic, legal, and technical aspects of information and information technologies with a focus on information policy and information ethics. All applicable research areas are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given to applicants whose work investigates the intersections of information policy, intellectual property, intellectual freedom, governance, power, and identity.
Along with continuing their own research agenda, the fellow will work closely with the Center for Information Policy Research and affiliated faculty, assist in coordination of related events, work with current PhD students, and participate in the academic and intellectual community of the School. The fellow will be expected to teach one advanced graduate course related to her/his research topic in the spring 2012 semester. The stipend for the fellowship will be $38,000 for a 12-month appointment beginning in August 22, 2011, with a $2,000 research and travel stipend. Fellows are eligible for benefits. The stipend for this position may be subject to UW System furlough and budgetary policies.
- Applicants must be scholars who are not yet tenured and who are no more than 3 years past receiving their PhD.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in information studies or related discipline. Applicants who do not yet hold a PhD but expect to have it by August 2011 will be asked to provide a letter from their home institution corroborating the degree award schedule. Verification of completion of degree will be required before the start date.
- Application packages must include: letter explaining research agenda, teaching interests, and appropriateness for the fellowship; a curriculum vitae; a writing sample; and 3 references.
- Send all application materials electronically to both Dr. Joyce Latham (email@example.com) and Dr. Michael Zimmer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Deadline for application is April 30, 2011. Decisions to be made by May 31 2011.
For more information, please contact either Dr. Latham or Dr. Zimmer, and visit us at http://www4.uwm.edu/sois/ and http://www4.uwm.edu/cipr/.